If your New Year’s resolution included doing something a little different to make your home a little more organized, the first place you will want to start is the hardware store. Greenwood Hardware has what you need to help you tidy up the closets, garage, bathroom and even your living room. Getting organized is a great way to de-stress while leaving your home looking cleaner and feeling bigger. You will love how great it feels to walk into a space that is neat and tidy.
Here are a few tips to help you get started.
- Pick one space at a time to tackle. Deciding you want to do your closet, garage, and bathroom all at once will quickly overwhelm you. There’s a good chance you’ll burn out before you ever finish the first project.
- Grab a couple of boxes or trash bags. You will want to pull out each item in the area and decide if it is worth keeping, trashing or giving away. Don’t force yourself to get rid of sentimental items, but don’t let everything have sentimental value.
- Measure the area. You will need to know how high, wide and how deep the space This is going to help you decide what kind of shelving to use and what size of storage racks and containers will fit in the space.
- Head to the hardware store and pick out what you need! This is the fun part. Have some fun with the shelving. If you are not interested in plain white or the industrial feel of metal shelving units, grab some spray paint while you’re there. You can add a pop of color to your garage, closet or even a bathroom by painting your boring shelves.
- Install your shelves. Place items in totes or pretty containers that allow you to see what’s inside. You can also have some fun labeling the shelves. Think out of the box for your organizational tools. Make them yours by adding your own flair of color or whimsical designs.
Once you have made the decision to combat that cabin fever by getting organized, head into Greenwood Hardware. You will find shelving brackets, shelves and everything else you need to make your home a little tidier. Come on in, or contact us today.