Gardening isn’t always easy when you are struggling with soil that is rocky, sandy or clay-like. It can also be hard on your back and knees to tend your garden when it sits directly on the ground. A raised garden bed is the answer to most of your gardening woes. You can add nice, fertile soil to the bed to take care of any soil issues and you can build the bed at a height that is a little easier for you to tend. The raised beds are also ideal for reducing weeds! You will find all the supplies you need to build your raised garden bed at Greenwood Hardware.
- 3 2×8 boards
- Circular saw
Building the Box
- Clear out an 8-foot by 4-foot section in your yard or garden area. Use a shovel to remove old grass. You can put down a layer of weed block to help reduce weeds from popping up in your garden bed.
- Cut one of the boards in half. You will have 2 8-foot boards and 2 4-foot boards.
- Position the boards in the area you have cleared out.
- Nail or screw the boards together to form a box. Place one of the short boards between the two long boards on one end and repeat for the other.
- Fill your garden box with potting soil. You can mix in some garden soil as well.
That’s it! That is a quick and simple raised garden bed that will help you grow the garden you want without the extra effort of fixing the soil or dealing with weeds. You can add braces at the corners to help provide stability for the raised bed. Head into Greenwood Hardware to pick up your supplies. Come on in, or contact us today.