We Seattle residents are accustomed to the rain, but every spring, it seems like the rain is incessant. Yes, the rain is necessary, but when you are walking out the front door and rain is pouring off the roof onto your recently styled hair, it is downright irritating. You need to make sure your gutters are in good condition! After a rather wild winter, your gutters may need a little repair and maintaining. The team at Greenwood Hardware has just what you need to keep the rain off!
- You need to stay on top of keeping those gutters cleaned out and free of debris. If leaves and pine needles clog up a downspout, the gutter will become heavy and possibly start to tear away from the roof. You also risk the gutter flooding and becoming essentially useless.
- Inspect the gutters periodically for small holes caused by rust and corrosion. If there are any holes, use a gutter repair to take care of them.
- Replace any damaged sections. If the area is fairly small, you can replace just the piece. If it is a large section, you may want to consider replacing the entire length to save yourself some trouble the following year.
- Replace any missing gutter supports. These can be purchased at Greenwood Hardware and will make your gutters sturdy and ready for a long, rainy spring.
- Install new screens or guards to help keep down the maintenance needed. Keeping leaves and other debris out of the gutters can save you a lot of trouble. Guards keep the big stuff out while allowing the water to flow into the gutter and down the downspout.
Don’t put off taking care of those gutters! You risk damaging more than just your hair. Your home’s foundation could be at risk if the water is allowed to pool on the ground. Head into Greenwood Hardware today and pick up your supplies. Come on in, or contact us today.